Welcome to EventNut! Our goal is to create an event registration and ticketing platform that’s so easy to use, you won’t need documentation. However, we know it can be intimidating using a brand-new tool, so we’ve put together this Quick Start Guide to set you off on the right foot creating your first event. Let’s get going!
1. From the homepage or My Events Page, click the Create Event button.
2. Fill in your event details. Use the in-line editor to enter the following required elements:
- Event Name
- Short Summary
- Date and time (must be in the future)
Other details such as long description, venue, website, sponsors, etc. are all optional but can be easily added/edited by clicking directly into the relevant field. Note that the Google Maps integration will try to auto-fill your venue address and map it to a known address. Click Save once all info has been entered.
Preview your edits at any time by clicking the Preview button. Click the Edit button to return to Edit mode.
3. Choose a design template and color scheme. Click the Theme link and a dropdown will appear from which you can choose a template design and a color scheme for your event.
Your event preview will update automatically when you click a template and color scheme. Click Save.
4. Add a cover image. Click the image editor box to choose an image from your computer or drag and drop your image into the box.
Once your image is added, click the Edit Image link to drop down options for zooming, blurring, and adding a color tint (based on your selected color scheme). Click Save once you’re happy with your image.
5. Add Tickets. Click the Add button in the tickets box to add your ticket types. The ticket Title and Price fields are required; all other fields are optional, including those under Advanced Settings.
Note that you must add at least one ticket type before making your event live. If you are adding tickets with a dollar value, you will be prompted to connect a credit card and a Stripe account to your EventNut account so that you can pay ticketing service fees and collect money from attendees.
6. Review the event settings. Click the Setup link to review and edit your event’s settings. Note that you can choose to show or hide your event's title and summary description and set the timezone for your event here.
7. Add Registration Fields. Full Name and Email Address are required for all event registrations. If you’d like to ask for additional information from your attendees, you can set up the fields for that information by clicking the Registration fields link in the menu bar.
Simply click the Add Field button, choose a Text or Dropdown field type, and add the field name and format.
8. Go Live! Once you’ve completed the steps above, you’re ready to take your event live. Navigate back to the Editor and click the Publish button. Note that the event URL will be inaccessible to attendees until the event is Published.
You can now share your event using the built-in social media widgets or by copying the direct link into your email or website. Note that you can also copy the direct link anytime from the My Events page.
Congratulations on creating your first event, you crazy Event Nut!